My mom and aunt take care of my papaw in his home.  We have home care workers who come in to help with his medicine and do some cooking a few days a week.  Is there a program where family members can be trained and paid as in-home care providers or is there any funding support to help pay for the care givers?

Here are some products and services that may help you. Also, check in the comments section at the bottom of the page for more great ideas!

You might be able to get some funding through Aid and Attendance benefits if he is a veteran:

There may be a local caregiver support group.

There is a program called SOURCE or CCSP for people who have Medicare or Medicaid.

Generally people utilizing the CCSP Program through Georgia Health Services are elderly and unable to live alone. They do not need the level of care found in a nursing home but do require some assistance with everyday living. CCSP recipients have a monthly income between $400 and $1809 per month.

Persons served through the CCSP Program must be eligible for Medicaid and meet the following requirements:

  • Have limitations which make it difficult to perform normal daily living activities and live independently
  • Have health needs that can be met in the community with services offered by the program and within established individual cost guidelines.